For each resident, about 60% of primary care continuity will be provided in Clinic A. Supervision is provided by faculty in the division of General Internal Medicine.
Before You Start
- Look at your patient schedule ahead of time: Do this in ORCHID by adding your clinic resource (Last name, First name) and then searching for the date of your clinic.
- Pre-chart (“scrub the chart”): Review the last primary care note, including your follow-up plan, along with any interval events and new labs/study results. You can begin to pre-chart your note in ORCHID by using the Provider View > Clinic tab and updating the Consolidated Problem List and writing your preliminary findings in the Assessment & Plan section.
When You Start
- For the door code to the exam area, ask the Chief Residents. Please keep this code secure!
- Huddle and cuddle with your clinic team: Identify patient needs including vaccination and routine screening ahead of time to get orders and referrals going.
- Identify your exam room, workstation, and medical assistant assignment on the board to the back-right of clinic.