Training takes place at the Olive View-UCLA Medical Center Department of Emergency Medicine (DEM). Rotations will be two weeks in length. Supervision will be provided by the DEM faculty, assisted by the senior residents.
Before You Start
- Review the Emergency Medicine Orientation Packet.
- Expect an email from the Olive View ED coordinator with your schedule.
- Complete training in ORCHID FirstNet if this is your first time in the Urgent Care or Emergency Department.
When You Start
- Show up on time to your shift by meeting the team in the Physician Workroom in the ED (between ED1 and ED2).
- If this is your first Emergency Medicine rotation, notify the Attending to get oriented.