Thank you Maralee for an interesting presentation of cough and dyspnea in a patient post-bone marrow transplant. What further work-up is indicated with this representative CT scan?
Thank you Maria for a thorough presentation of a case of neutropenia from diagnosis to management of complications.
- List a limited differential diagnosis (by organ system) of absolute neutropenia.
- Explain the antibiotic management of neutropenic fever.
- Identify the etiologies of abdominal pain specific to the neutropenic or immunosuppressed patient.
For a review, take a look at Maria’s presentation.
What’s your differential diagnosis to explain the “strange behavior” of a patient with newly diagnosed HIV/AIDS?
Thank you Shirley for a great presentation on a young patient presenting with jaundice, AST 2552 and ALT >5000!
What’s the differential?
Thank you Dr. John Hollowed for an excellent presentation on acute promyelocytic leukemia
- APL accounts for 5-20% of AML cases
- Increased incidence in people with prior cytotoxic therapy
- Presents with complications of pancytopenia, weakness, fatigue, infections, increased bruising/bleeding, DIC
- Diagnosis: bone marrow analysis and confirmation with PCR, FISH, or cytogenic analysis
- Treatment is All-trans Retinoic Acid (ATRA)
Case Report Archives
- 2017-2018 Academic Year
- 2016-2017 Academic Year
- 2015-2016 Academic Year
- 2014-2015 Academic Year